[protege-owl] how can I retrieve instance of ontology by Protege-OWL API?

hong hong at dmu.ac.uk
Mon Apr 30 10:04:22 PDT 2007

Hi, Martin,

Thank you very much for your reply. SWRL query is a very good way to resolve
my problem. However, I am still curious to know how Protégé-OWL API can get
instance of the class with specified values of the properties. I did refer
to Protégé-OWL API java doc, but I didn't find the API which has such
functions. I notice that OWLNamedClass has method
getInstances (Boolean includingSubclasses), but it seems not to be the
appropriate one. Could you please specify, if possible, which API I should
use to get instance of the class with specified values of the properties?
Moreover, I am wondering if I can implement this function by using DIG
interface or Jena API.

Thanks a lot.
Kind regards,
Hong