[protege-owl] problem loading galen.owl with protege 3 and protege 4

helen.chen at agfa.com helen.chen at agfa.com
Wed Aug 1 08:23:50 PDT 2007

Dear list

I downloaded protege 4 and trying to open a local copy of galen.owl [1].
The owl file is about 21M..  After loading 220,000 triples (message on
console), the system hung forever (I have to kill the process after more
than 30 minutes waiting).

This is the same problem with protege 3.2.

Can anyone share his/her experience in loading large ontology in protege?
Is there a place where I can specify a larger memory space for loading
large ontology?

Thanks.

Helen

[1] full galen owl ontology