[protege-owl] Why does OWLModel.getCommonSuperclass return only a single value?

Thomas Russ tar at ISI.EDU
Wed Aug 1 13:53:59 PDT 2007

On Aug 1, 2007, at 11:28 AM, Timothy Redmond wrote:

> This is clearly correct.  The implementation underscores what you
> have said.  It ends with a line
>
>      return  commonSuperClasses.iterator().next();
>
> Would it be useful to have getCommonSuperclasses method?

I think it would be useful.

Perhaps take a flag to return either all common superclasses or just
the most specific among them.

While I'm proposing interface extensions, it would also be nice to
have a method that takes a collection of classes and returns just the
most specific out of that list.  I suppose a most general classes of
a collection might also be useful.

(These are all low priority items for me, though.)

-Tom.