[protege-owl] after i build an ontology, how can i use it?

Martin O'Connor martin.oconnor at stanford.edu
Thu Aug 2 05:44:47 PDT 2007

It depends what you want to do with the OWL ontologies. If (as suggested in
your link) you want to translate natural language queries to queries on an
OWL ontology you could use SWRL as the query language [1]. The Protégé-OWL
SWRLTab has a JDBC-like API [2] that allows query processing to be embedded
in Java applications.

Martin

[1] http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?SWRLQueryBuiltIns
[2] http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?SWRLQueryAPI