[protege-owl] SWRL vs Description Logic: why use one over the other or why use both in conjunction?

Stefan Woods swoods at vub.ac.be
Thu Aug 2 16:24:57 PDT 2007

Hello All,

I'm using SWRLTab and the jess rules engine. Entered a rule and actually got it working a while back (existing individual was "spotted" and used in rule to create new individual).

Problem now is that I entered 60+ rules and about 200 individuals and Jess stopped working. when pushing the OWL + SWRL -> Jess button in the background I get a java.lang.classcast exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0".
(see both screenshots)

I'm using this to present the final case of my thesis which is due wednesday so needless to say I *really* need to get it working again ASAP!!!!
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Jess version is 70p1, protege 3.3 beta.

Regards,

Stefan