[protege-owl] Property cardinality exactly 0: is this correct?

João Olavo Baião de Vasconcelos joaoolavo at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 08:05:29 PDT 2007

Hello!

I've this situation: a class A that has many classes under it. Class A is
related to class B by the property P. But I want to say that one of A
subclasses (C) is not related to B.

As I didn't add any cardinality restriction, it means that one A is related
to 0 or more Bs.
So, I'm thinking in add a new restriction to C that says: P exactly 0. That
is, a C is related to 0 Bs.

Is there any problem doing this?
Will it be a problem for a reasoner?

Thanks!!