[protege-owl] Checking inconsistence of a "some" relation

João Olavo Baião de Vasconcelos joaoolavo at
Fri Aug 3 21:32:54 PDT 2007

On 8/3/07, Samson Tu <swt at> wrote:
> However, the 'red border' check is a legacy from Protege frame. It doesn't
> really  mean much in OWL, with its open world assumption.
> The fact that you don't have an explicit B instance associated with A
> doesn't mean that the ontology is inconsistent.

I got it. The open world assumption means that you can't assume that a C
isn't a B just bec they are distinct classes, right?

But it's important to me to check if a C is/isn't a B for the sake of
What is the best way to check it? By swrl rules?

João Olavo Baião de Vasconcelos
Ciência da Computação