[protege-owl] Checking inconsistence of a "some" relation

Samson Tu swt at stanford.edu
Sat Aug 4 10:23:00 PDT 2007

Furthermore, even if B & C are mutually exclusive, the ontology is not
necessarily inconsistent. Restrictions are axioms. You need a DL
reasoner to prove that the axiom is contradicted by other statements in
the ontology. Absence of explicit individuals that satisfy the
restriction doesn't mean inconsistency.

Samson