[protege-owl] Complete a generic Ontology.

Cesbron, Brice brice.cesbron at capgemini.com
Mon Aug 6 07:11:18 PDT 2007

Hello all,

I've created an ontology in OWL-DL on a general model of project
management. This model explain how to treat a project from the business
part to the physical one (including hardware). How it's a generic model
my ontology is also generic, i.e. I have only classes, superclasses,
properties and restrictions without any individual.
I have put this ontology into a semantic database and have done SPARQL
requests in order to check the ontology. I have also used Protege tools
to check it before insert. Now, I want to apply my ontology to specific
cases...

My question is :
- What is the best way to complete my ontology with real values ? Use
Protege to create individuals and then insert the new specific ontology
in the database. Or use some queries to create individuals into the
database?

Moreover, my boss want to know what is the best database to stock and
share ontologies?
I thought that Virtuoso Open Source was quite cool, what do you think
about it?

Thanks in advance,
Best Regards.

Brice Cesbron | Capgemini SUD | Marseille | France
Responsable OWL |
Tel : +33 4 91 16 57 77 |
90, Chemin du Roy d'Espagne | BP23 | 13275 Marseille cedex 09