[protege-owl] Question about InverseFunctional Property

Juan Sequeda juanfederico at
Mon Aug 6 22:06:30 PDT 2007

Why doesn't OWL let the InverseFunctional Property apply for datatype

If I have a class Person and a datatype property called hasSSN, this is
considered an inverse functional property because my SSN identifies only
me.  Can't this be done? Or do I have to have a class SSN ?

Juan Sequeda

Research Assistant                             Project Manager
Dept. of Computer Science                  Solutions
University of Texas at Austin                Austin, Texas, USA
jsequeda at                    juan at