[protege-owl] Can't create individuals with rdf:ID the same as the class name

Bartosz Porzuczek b.porzuczek at fqs.pl
Thu Aug 9 01:20:37 PDT 2007

Hi,

I'm implementing converter between two ontologies, BioPAX and CSO. When
I try to create individual, that has the same name as its class, I get
exception :
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: SequenceSite not unique:
DefaultOWLNamedClass(SequenceSite, FrameID(14:11380 1))

in this case, class name is "SequenceSite", and individual rdf:ID is
"SequenceSite". Problem occurs for other such pairs too.

When I changed rdf:ID of that individual, problem disappears.

Do I have to check all individuals that have rdf:ID the same as its
classe names, before I start conversion, or is there a way to avoid this
exception?

Best regards,
Bartek