[protege-owl] equivalent Class handling in JESS Bridge while exporting

Hrishikesh Sharma hrishikesh.sharma at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 04:00:52 PDT 2007

Hi,
      In the ontology 1.owl attached, I have declared

<owl:Class rdf:ID="DailyWorkPlan">
   <owl:equivalentClass>
     <owl:Class rdf:ID="WorkItems"/>
   </owl:equivalentClass>
 </owl:Class>

 <owl:ObjectProperty rdf:ID="hasWorkPlan">
   <rdfs:range rdf:resource="#WorkItems"/>
   <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="#Employee"/>
 </owl:ObjectProperty>

While my SWRL rule(number 2) is something like this:

Employee(?a)  ∧
hasWorkPlan(?a, ?b)  ∧
hasTravelBooking(?b, true)  ∧
hasBookingDetails(?a, ?c)  ∧
travelReqd(?c, true)  ∧
bookingReqd(?c, true)  ∧
hasApproxStart(?c, ?d)  ∧
hasApproxEnd(?c, ?e)  ∧
Time(currTime)  ∧
hasTimeValue(currTime, ?g)  ∧
swrlb:greaterThan(?g, ?d)  ∧
swrlb:greaterThan(?e, ?g)
→ isEmployeeMoving(?a, true)

When I try to export knowledge towards JESS using JessTab by pressing the
appropriate button, I get the following error:

at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.swrl.bridge.SWRLRuleEngineBridge.exportOWLClass(Unknown
Source)

When I change the OWL specification(while keeping the rule specification
intact) as below by removing DailyWorkPlan Class, and as in 2.owl, the
export works happily.
<owl:Class rdf:ID="WorkItems" />

<owl:ObjectProperty rdf:ID="hasWorkPlan">
   <rdfs:range rdf:resource="#WorkItems"/>
   <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="#Employee"/>
 </owl:ObjectProperty>

What may be the problem with SWRL Jess Bridge of Protege here?

Regards
      Hrishikesh.