Search Mailing List Archives


Limit search to: Subject & Body Subject Author
Sort by: Reverse Sort
Limit to: All This Week Last Week This Month Last Month
Select Date Range     through    

[protege-owl] 2. Re: sorry but this is a repeated post... (Patil, Lalit)

Kamaljit Kaur Bimrah (Staff Acc) K.K.Bimrah at uel.ac.uk
Fri Aug 10 11:58:49 PDT 2007


Hello Lalit,
 
Thanks so much for replying.  I still cant manage to download it...I go to
the Protege tab, and it says here is some sort of error. When I do click on
the OWLViz tab, I get the following error message:  An error related to DOT
has occurred.  This error was probably because OWLViz could not find the DOT
application.  Please ensure that the path to the DOT application is set
properly.
 
I am really panicking as I need it for Monday...
 
Any helpers please?
 
Thanks...
Kam

________________________________

From: protege-owl-bounces at mailman.stanford.edu on behalf of
protege-owl-request at mailman.stanford.edu
Sent: Fri 10/08/2007 17:33
To: protege-owl at mailman.stanford.edu
Subject: protege-owl Digest, Vol 13, Issue 29



Send protege-owl mailing list submissions to
        protege-owl at lists.stanford.edu

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
        https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-owl
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
        protege-owl-request at lists.stanford.edu

You can reach the person managing the list at
        protege-owl-owner at lists.stanford.edu

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of protege-owl digest..."


Today's Topics:

   1. sorry but this is a repeated post...
      (Kamaljit Kaur Bimrah (Staff Acc))
   2. Re: sorry but this is a repeated post... (Patil, Lalit)
   3. Finding if A is the same type of individual as B (Patil, Lalit)
   4. Re: Problems with "rdf:type" constructs (Roberto Alves Gueleri)
   5. Re: rdf:list in a SWRL rule (Thomas Russ)
   6. Re: Finding if A is the same type of individual as B (Thomas Russ)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 12:26:03 +0100
From: "Kamaljit Kaur Bimrah \(Staff Acc\)" <K.K.Bimrah at uel.ac.uk>
Subject: [protege-owl] sorry but this is a repeated post...
To: <protege-owl at lists.stanford.edu>,   <protege-owl at lists.stanford.edu>
Message-ID: <3BED1B658E71464E9399FCF6CA0DACEC0A7A4E at DL-MAIL.uel.ac.uk>
Content-Type: text/plain;       charset="iso-8859-1"

Hello,

I cant get OWLViz to work.  I have tried and its not working.  I know the tab
is on there, but it doenst allow me to add anything...pls help and guide...

Another thing I am using the OWL language...but how do I implement that in
the tool? Or is it that when I add a concept, there is a OWL statement added
automatically for that?  I just dont understand how the language is used in
this...

Sorry if these seem very basic questions...im stuck!

Thanks!
Kam

p.s. sorry for repeating...

________________________________

From: protege-owl-bounces at mailman.stanford.edu on behalf of
protege-owl-request at mailman.stanford.edu
Sent: Fri 10/08/2007 12:00
To: protege-owl at mailman.stanford.edu
Subject: protege-owl Digest, Vol 13, Issue 28



Send protege-owl mailing list submissions to
        protege-owl at lists.stanford.edu

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
        https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-owl
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
        protege-owl-request at lists.stanford.edu

You can reach the person managing the list at
        protege-owl-owner at lists.stanford.edu

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of protege-owl digest..."


Today's Topics:

   1. equivalent Class handling in JESS Bridge while    exporting
      (Hrishikesh Sharma)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 16:30:52 +0530
From: "Hrishikesh Sharma" <hrishikesh.sharma at gmail.com>
Subject: [protege-owl] equivalent Class handling in JESS Bridge while
        exporting
To: "User support for the Protege-OWL editor"
        <protege-owl at lists.stanford.edu>
Message-ID:
        <48e231150708100400l53da202do9ce8dfd2bbbe65fb at mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-2022-jp"

Hi,
      In the ontology 1.owl attached, I have declared

<owl:Class rdf:ID="DailyWorkPlan">
   <owl:equivalentClass>
     <owl:Class rdf:ID="WorkItems"/>
   </owl:equivalentClass>
 </owl:Class>

 <owl:ObjectProperty rdf:ID="hasWorkPlan">
   <rdfs:range rdf:resource="#WorkItems"/>
   <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="#Employee"/>
 </owl:ObjectProperty>

While my SWRL rule(number 2) is something like this:

Employee(?a)  ?
hasWorkPlan(?a, ?b)  ?
hasTravelBooking(?b, true)  ?
hasBookingDetails(?a, ?c)  ?
travelReqd(?c, true)  ?
bookingReqd(?c, true)  ?
hasApproxStart(?c, ?d)  ?
hasApproxEnd(?c, ?e)  ?
Time(currTime)  ?
hasTimeValue(currTime, ?g)  ?
swrlb:greaterThan(?g, ?d)  ?
swrlb:greaterThan(?e, ?g)
? isEmployeeMoving(?a, true)

When I try to export knowledge towards JESS using JessTab by pressing the
appropriate button, I get the following error:

at
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.swrl.bridge.SWRLRuleEngineBridge.exportOWLClass
(Unknown
Source)

When I change the OWL specification(while keeping the rule specification
intact) as below by removing DailyWorkPlan Class, and as in 2.owl, the
export works happily.
<owl:Class rdf:ID="WorkItems" />

<owl:ObjectProperty rdf:ID="hasWorkPlan">
   <rdfs:range rdf:resource="#WorkItems"/>
   <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="#Employee"/>
 </owl:ObjectProperty>

What may be the problem with SWRL Jess Bridge of Protege here?

Regards
      Hrishikesh.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
http://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/protege-owl/attachments/20070810/687aef
e4/attachment.htm
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: 1.owl
Type: text/xml
Size: 40404 bytes
Desc: not available
Url :
http://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/protege-owl/attachments/20070810/687aef
e4/attachment.owl
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: 2.owl
Type: text/xml
Size: 40289 bytes
Desc: not available
Url :
http://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/protege-owl/attachments/20070810/687aef
e4/attachment-0001.owl

------------------------------

_______________________________________________
protege-owl mailing list
protege-owl at lists.stanford.edu
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-owl


End of protege-owl Digest, Vol 13, Issue 28
*******************************************





------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 07:34:03 -0400
From: "Patil, Lalit" <lpatil at umich.edu>
Subject: Re: [protege-owl] sorry but this is a repeated post...
To: "User support for the Protege-OWL editor"
        <protege-owl at lists.stanford.edu>
Message-ID:
 
<63513281BEF3C94080AC1B9A59AA9EF3278596 at ECLUST2-VS2.adsroot.itcs.umich.edu>
       
Content-Type: text/plain;       charset="us-ascii"

Did you install GraphViz from
http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/

-Lalit Patil

> -----Original Message-----
> From: protege-owl-bounces at lists.stanford.edu [mailto:protege-owl-
> bounces at lists.stanford.edu] On Behalf Of Kamaljit Kaur Bimrah (Staff
> Acc)
> Sent: Friday, August 10, 2007 7:26 AM
> To: protege-owl at lists.stanford.edu; protege-owl at lists.stanford.edu
> Subject: [protege-owl] sorry but this is a repeated post...
>
> Hello,
>
> I cant get OWLViz to work.  I have tried and its not working.  I know
> the tab
> is on there, but it doenst allow me to add anything...pls help and
> guide...
>
> Another thing I am using the OWL language...but how do I implement
that
> in
> the tool? Or is it that when I add a concept, there is a OWL statement
> added
> automatically for that?  I just dont understand how the language is
> used in
> this...
>
> Sorry if these seem very basic questions...im stuck!
>
> Thanks!
> Kam
>
> p.s. sorry for repeating...
>
> ________________________________
>
> From: protege-owl-bounces at mailman.stanford.edu on behalf of
> protege-owl-request at mailman.stanford.edu
> Sent: Fri 10/08/2007 12:00
> To: protege-owl at mailman.stanford.edu
> Subject: protege-owl Digest, Vol 13, Issue 28
>
>
>
> Send protege-owl mailing list submissions to
>         protege-owl at lists.stanford.edu
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>         https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-owl
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>         protege-owl-request at lists.stanford.edu
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>         protege-owl-owner at lists.stanford.edu
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of protege-owl digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. equivalent Class handling in JESS Bridge while    exporting
>       (Hrishikesh Sharma)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 16:30:52 +0530
> From: "Hrishikesh Sharma" <hrishikesh.sharma at gmail.com>
> Subject: [protege-owl] equivalent Class handling in JESS Bridge while
>         exporting
> To: "User support for the Protege-OWL editor"
>         <protege-owl at lists.stanford.edu>
> Message-ID:
>         <48e231150708100400l53da202do9ce8dfd2bbbe65fb at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-2022-jp"
>
> Hi,
>       In the ontology 1.owl attached, I have declared
>
> <owl:Class rdf:ID="DailyWorkPlan">
>    <owl:equivalentClass>
>      <owl:Class rdf:ID="WorkItems"/>
>    </owl:equivalentClass>
>  </owl:Class>
>
>  <owl:ObjectProperty rdf:ID="hasWorkPlan">
>    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="#WorkItems"/>
>    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="#Employee"/>
>  </owl:ObjectProperty>
>
> While my SWRL rule(number 2) is something like this:
>
> Employee(?a)  ?
> hasWorkPlan(?a, ?b)  ?
> hasTravelBooking(?b, true)  ?
> hasBookingDetails(?a, ?c)  ?
> travelReqd(?c, true)  ?
> bookingReqd(?c, true)  ?
> hasApproxStart(?c, ?d)  ?
> hasApproxEnd(?c, ?e)  ?
> Time(currTime)  ?
> hasTimeValue(currTime, ?g)  ?
> swrlb:greaterThan(?g, ?d)  ?
> swrlb:greaterThan(?e, ?g)
> ? isEmployeeMoving(?a, true)
>
> When I try to export knowledge towards JESS using JessTab by pressing
> the
> appropriate button, I get the following error:
>
> at
>
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.swrl.bridge.SWRLRuleEngineBridge.exportOW
> LClass
> (Unknown
> Source)
>
> When I change the OWL specification(while keeping the rule
> specification
> intact) as below by removing DailyWorkPlan Class, and as in 2.owl, the
> export works happily.
> <owl:Class rdf:ID="WorkItems" />
>
> <owl:ObjectProperty rdf:ID="hasWorkPlan">
>    <rdfs:range rdf:resource="#WorkItems"/>
>    <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="#Employee"/>
>  </owl:ObjectProperty>
>
> What may be the problem with SWRL Jess Bridge of Protege here?
>
> Regards
>       Hrishikesh.
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> http://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/protege-
> owl/attachments/20070810/687aef
> e4/attachment.htm
> -------------- next part --------------
> A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
> Name: 1.owl
> Type: text/xml
> Size: 40404 bytes
> Desc: not available
> Url :
> http://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/protege-
> owl/attachments/20070810/687aef
> e4/attachment.owl
> -------------- next part --------------
> A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
> Name: 2.owl
> Type: text/xml
> Size: 40289 bytes
> Desc: not available
> Url :
> http://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/protege-
> owl/attachments/20070810/687aef
> e4/attachment-0001.owl
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> protege-owl mailing list
> protege-owl at lists.stanford.edu
> https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-owl
>
>
> End of protege-owl Digest, Vol 13, Issue 28
> *******************************************
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> protege-owl mailing list
> protege-owl at lists.stanford.edu
> https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-owl
>
> Instructions for unsubscribing:
> http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/faq.html#01a.03


------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 09:44:50 -0400
From: "Patil, Lalit" <lpatil at umich.edu>
Subject: [protege-owl] Finding if A is the same type of individual as
        B
To: <protege-owl at lists.stanford.edu>
Message-ID:
 
<63513281BEF3C94080AC1B9A59AA9EF32785BC at ECLUST2-VS2.adsroot.itcs.umich.edu>
       
Content-Type: text/plain;       charset="us-ascii"

Hi,

I want to find out if the following could be represented in SWRL?

Given:

a. AClass, BClass are OWL concepts, such that BClass is subClassOf
AClass
b. individualA1, and individualA2 are instances of Aclass
c. individualB1, is instance of Bclass

Then:
Is there an SWRL property or a combination of properties that be used to
determing if

1. individualA1 and individualA2 are instances of the same class
2. individualA1 and individual are instances of different classes

Currently, sameAs (differentFrom) helps in finding if individuals have
the same (different) identity. However, in the above case, the identity
is different, but the similarity (or difference) is based on the concept
from which it is instantiated.

Thanks,

Lalit Patil


------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 11:45:51 -0300
From: "Roberto Alves Gueleri" <r.a.gueleri at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [protege-owl] Problems with "rdf:type" constructs
To: protege-owl at lists.stanford.edu
Message-ID:
        <15ed6c8f0708100745me867f97p533ad5bbaf51988 at mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

>
> > Hi!!!
> >
> > I have experienced some troubles in attempting to work with owl
> > ontologies containing metaclasses, dealing with "rdf:type" constructs.
> >
> > An example of this problem:
> >
> > I've the following ontology, which contains a metaclass called
> > "MetaClassA", three classes ("ClassA", "ClassB" and "ClassC"), and
> > an instance of "ClassA" called "IndividualA". Note that
> > "MetaClassA" is an occurrence of "owl:Class", so it is an owl
> > class, but it plays the role of a metaclass by asserting that the
> > other three classes ("ClassA", "ClassB" and "ClassC") are its
> > occurrences, by means of "rdf:type" constructs.
>
> Perhaps the problem is that you don't have any assertion that
> MetaClassA is a sub class of owl:Class.  Try adding that.
>
> [snip]
> >
> > Note that constructions of the form:
> >
> >   <owl:Class rdf:ID="ClassA">
> >     <rdf:type rdf:resource="#MetaClassA"/>
> >   </owl:Class>
> >
> > were automatically changed by Prot?g? to the form:
> >
> >   <MetaClassA rdf:ID="ClassA">
> >     <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#Class "/>
> >   </MetaClassA>
> >
> > Now if I try to open the new ontology, some errors will be reported
> > by Prot?g? and the ontology won't open. Below the errors reported
> > are showed:
> >
> >
> >
> > There were errors at performing operation.
> >
> > 1. Exception class
> > edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.parser.ProtegeOWLParserException.
> > Message: The resource IndividualA has the rdf:type ClassA which is
> > not a class but a
> > edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.impl.DefaultOWLIndividual
>
> Yes, this is caused by Protege not recognizing that MetaClassA is a
> subclass of owl:Class, so when it encounters the the construct
> creating ClassA, it doesn't know that it should create a class object
> instead of an individual object.  This should be fixed if you make
> sure that MetaClassA is known to be a subclass of owl:Class.


Thanks Mr. Russ!...

But the problem cannot be solved only by assenting that "MetaClassA" is a
subclass of "owl:Class". This would be true if I only wanted to reach the
order - or level - of "MetaClassA". But what about the possibility for
creating, for example, a "MetaMetaClass", such that I will assert that
"MetaClassA" is an occurrence of "MetaMetaClass", as folows:

...
<owl:Class rdf:ID="MetaMetaClass"/>
<owl:Class rdf:about="#MetaClassA">
  <rdf:type rdf:resource="#MetaMetaClass">
</owl:Class>
...

Cases like this can be viewed in the owl ontology of the OpenCyc:
http://www.cyc.com/2004/06/04/cyc
where we find many transitions of orders by using "rdf:type"...

...

Roberto Alves Gueleri
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
http://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/protege-owl/attachments/20070810/ef1dfb
e0/attachment-0001.htm

------------------------------

Message: 5
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 08:53:21 -0700
From: Thomas Russ <tar at ISI.EDU>
Subject: Re: [protege-owl] rdf:list in a SWRL rule
To: User support for the Protege-OWL editor
        <protege-owl at lists.stanford.edu>
Message-ID: <86FB0A2C-5058-4113-9317-067E3CB0EB70 at isi.edu>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII; delsp=yes; format=flowed


On Aug 10, 2007, at 3:10 AM, Giacomo Bartoloni wrote:

> Hi everybody, I'm writing you all because I don't if is correct to 
> write
>
> rdf:List(?list) ^
> swrlb:first(?first, ?list) ^
> swrlb:rest(?list,?list) ^
              ^^^^^^

You will need a different variable name here.  Otherwise you won't 
get a match, because this clause says that the REST of ?list is the 
same as ?list.  Introduce a new variable for the rest and then use it 
below to get the second element.

> swrlb:first(?second, ?list) ^
> .....
> ->
> predicate(?list, true)
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Giacomo
>
> --
>
> Giacomo Bartoloni
> NetXcalibur s.r.l.
> Via Alamanni 25
> 50123 Florence, Italy
> Tel. + 39 055 285859
> Fax + 39 055 285760
> _______________________________________________
> protege-owl mailing list
> protege-owl at lists.stanford.edu
> https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-owl
>
> Instructions for unsubscribing: http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/
> faq.html#01a.03



------------------------------

Message: 6
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 09:32:58 -0700
From: Thomas Russ <tar at ISI.EDU>
Subject: Re: [protege-owl] Finding if A is the same type of individual
        as B
To: User support for the Protege-OWL editor
        <protege-owl at lists.stanford.edu>
Message-ID: <EB58C90B-DCA4-405D-9C96-9490F942726B at isi.edu>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII; delsp=yes; format=flowed

OK, I'll take a stab at these, although I must confess that I haven't 
really done any work with SWRL, so there may be some omissions and 
errors.

On Aug 10, 2007, at 6:44 AM, Patil, Lalit wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to find out if the following could be represented in SWRL?
>
> Given:
>
> a. AClass, BClass are OWL concepts, such that BClass is subClassOf
> AClass
> b. individualA1, and individualA2 are instances of Aclass
> c. individualB1, is instance of Bclass
>
> Then:
> Is there an SWRL property or a combination of properties that be 
> used to
> determing if
>
> 1. individualA1 and individualA2 are instances of the same class

You should be able to check this easily by just using the same 
variable for the class of each one.   I think "rdf:type" is the 
appropriate relation (but I'm not completely sure).

     rdf:type(?a1, ?c) ^ rdf:type(?a2, ?c)


> 2. individualA1 and individual are instances of different classes

This is a bit harder, especially if there are hierarchical relations 
between the classes.  Probably the best you can hope to do is to show 
that the individuals are members of disjoint classes?  Otherwise you 
start running into problems with open-world reasoning.

    rdf:type(?i1, ?c1) ^ rdf:type(?i2, ?c2) ^ tbox:isDisjointWith(?
c1, ?c2)

>
> Currently, sameAs (differentFrom) helps in finding if individuals have
> the same (different) identity. However, in the above case, the 
> identity
> is different, but the similarity (or difference) is based on the 
> concept
> from which it is instantiated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lalit Patil
> _______________________________________________
> protege-owl mailing list
> protege-owl at lists.stanford.edu
> https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-owl
>
> Instructions for unsubscribing: http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/
> faq.html#01a.03



------------------------------

_______________________________________________
protege-owl mailing list
protege-owl at lists.stanford.edu
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/protege-owl


End of protege-owl Digest, Vol 13, Issue 29
*******************************************






More information about the protege-owl mailing list