[protege-owl] 2. Re: sorry but this is a repeated post... (Patil, Lalit)

Thomas Russ tar at ISI.EDU
Fri Aug 10 12:12:38 PDT 2007

On Aug 10, 2007, at 11:58 AM, Kamaljit Kaur Bimrah ((Staff Acc)) wrote:

> Hello Lalit,
>
> Thanks so much for replying.  I still cant manage to download
> it...I go to
> the Protege tab, and it says here is some sort of error. When I do
> click on
> the OWLViz tab, I get the following error message:  An error
> related to DOT
> has occurred.  This error was probably because OWLViz could not
> find the DOT
> application.  Please ensure that the path to the DOT application is
> set
> properly.

Finally enough information to provide some assistance.

First of all, do you have the "dot" program installed anywhere?
This is what comes with the graphviz package.
You will need to install that package.

You don't mention what OS you are using.  If anything Unix related
you can run the "which" program to discover where your system things
the "dot" program is installed:

    which dot

Once you locate where the dot program is installed, you will need to
open the Project > Configure... dialog and choose the "Property
Files" tab.  Look for the property "OWLViz.Dot.Path" and make sure
that it points  to the proper location for the dot program.

> I am really panicking as I need it for Monday...
>
> Any helpers please?
>
> Thanks...
> Kam

It would also be nice if you trimmed the quotations to the relevant
portions, especially as that was a digest form with a lot of messages
in ti.