[protege-owl] Writing Plugins to use Protege-OWL Widgets?

Thomas Russ tar at ISI.EDU
Fri Aug 10 13:56:55 PDT 2007

On Aug 10, 2007, at 1:43 PM, Stephen Larson wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    I'm trying to write a plugin that reuses some of the Protege-OWL
> widgets.  However, when Protege loads up, I get this just after the
> CONFIG statement loading my plugin:
>
> WARNING: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError : edu/stanford/smi/protegex/
> owl/ui/individuals/AssertedTypesListPanel --
> PluginUtilities.isLoadableClass()
>
>    I interpret this to mean that the Protege-OWL widgets I want
> have not yet been loaded by Protege.  How can I work around this,
> or am I unable to reuse Protege-OWL widgets since it is a plugin
> itself?

Did you declare the dependency of your plugin on the OWL items?

In your plugin.properties file you will need lines like the following:

plugin.dependency.count=1
plugin.dependency.0=edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl