[protege-owl] Negated Properties in SWRLTab

Papapanagiotou Petros std01092 at di.uoa.gr
Wed Aug 15 02:38:19 PDT 2007

Dear Matt,

I was just referring to NAF to demonstrate the difficulty in defining
negation in SWRL at least for the lhs of the rules.

There's only the ComplementOf construction which could work as unary
negation over classes.

Moreover, if you're talking about the rhs, a simple workaround is to
build a class in OWL that satisfies the desired properties (or their
negation) and have the SWRL rule assert the variable object as an
instance of that class.

Petros