[protege-owl] Schedule for Protege 3.3.1 patch release?

Jukka Aaltonen jukka.aaltonen at ulapland.fi
Wed Aug 15 07:12:50 PDT 2007

Hello Protégé-OWL community,
I would like to make an inquiry about the schedule of the announced 3.3
patch release,
that should fix the import issuses of the current 3.3 release (build
418). The information
on the download page
(http://protege.stanford.edu/download/registered.html)  talks
about the  patch release to be availabe "early august". Sure, I am aware
that  the earlier
beta releases and the previous 3.2. branch  are there, but we still
would like to start
using the stable and fixed 3.3.1 release. The requirements for us
to utilize Protege software are such that the functionalities in the 3.2
and earlier versions
are quite not enough and the novel 4.0 branch is still not yet mature
enough, so thats why the
interest on the fixed 3.3.1 release. By the way, what is the nature of
the observed
"severe regression of the import functionality" of the current 3.3
release, and how severe
it really is?. I did not find any mention about it in the Protégé issue
tracker, and I am just being curious.

FYI, here at our university's  research group we are planning to "get
serious" about OWL ontologies
and start using Protégé editor as part of our prototypr research
platform in order to support our on-going
research project  providing (among other things) ontology oriented
research framwork to resolve issues in
business network integration in multi-disciplinary research settings.
During this year, I have
actually been using Protege and following quite closely the development
of Protege releases from the
early 3.0. versions, and the more  I see, the more I like where the
whole Protégé team and especially
the developer and designers of this excellent Open Source sotware there
at the Standford are heading.

Hope to be hearing about you and cheers for now,
Jukka Aaltonen

--
Mr. Jukka Aaltonen
researcher, Operative Network Integration -project
Email: jukka.aaltonen at ulapland.fi
WWW:   http://www.ulapland.fi | http://www.soitlab.fi