[protege-owl] Protege Mantis Issue 0000445

Chao, Tyrone (US SSA) tyrone.chao at baesystems.com
Wed Aug 15 09:33:05 PDT 2007

Hi,

I'm observing the NullPointerException that occurs when deleting property restrictions as documented in the Mantis Repository - Issue 0000445. I wanted to report that while the OWL model seems to not be affected, continued NullPointerExceptions of this type eventually results in an out-of-memory error. When this happens the Protégé OWL editor freezes up, and when I close the window, the .owl file becomes corrupted. I happened to have many restrictions on properties to delete from my model, and I was not able to recover from the eventual out-of-memory error.

I would propose upgrading the severity level of Issue 0000445 from minor to major.

Regards,

Tyrone

P.S. I am using Protégé 3.3 beta version.

Tyrone Chao
Senior Software Engineer
BAE Systems                                       Phone: (781) 262-4258
6 New England Executive Park             Fax: (781) 273-9345
Burlington, MA 01803                          E-Mail: tyrone.chao at baesystems.com