[protege-owl] Negated Properties in SWRLTab

Martin O'Connor martin.oconnor at stanford.edu
Wed Aug 15 16:01:23 PDT 2007

You can also use OWL descriptions in SWRL rules. You could rewrite the
rule to add a cardinality zero restriction for myOtherProp to
individuals that have a myProp value:

myProp(?a, ?b) -> (myOtherProp = 0)(?a)

However, the SWRLTab does not currently support the use of restrictions
in SWRL rules. This is something I hope to support when I migrate the
SWRLTab to Protege 4, which has much better reasoner integration.

OWL 1.1 has disjoint object properties that would also make this
possible (and cleaner).

Martin