[protege-owl] Loading RDF instances into an existing ontology

KAding kadingf at eml.cc
Wed Aug 15 19:04:30 PDT 2007

Hello,

I have done the following:

1. Created an empty OWL/RDF project
2. Imported RDFS for several vocabulary ontologies (Wordnet for example),
using the ontology repository feature
3. I then developed my own ontology, with the 'rdfs:range' of many
properties set to the classes of the vocabulary ontologies

Now, the next step would be to import the RDF files of the vocabularies,
i.e. the instances. After that is done I can start adding my own instances,
whereby many property values would simply be pointers to the instances of
the imported vocabularies.

But I can't figure out how to import the RDF files? Doing it through the
ontology repository doesn't seem to do anything. I can only add them when I
make a new Protege project and use 'Create from existing sources'. But there
I can only select one RDF file, while I have to add at least 15 RDF files
into an existing ontology.

What am I missing here? How can I import RDF files (instances) into an
Protege-OWL project?

Thank you,

KAding