[protege-owl] Using SWRL to validate models

Ely Edison Matos ely.matos at ufjf.edu.br
Thu Aug 16 16:45:08 PDT 2007

Hello,
I'm converting some models expressed in XML to OWL. The goal is validate this models semanticaly, as XML allows only a syntatic validation. The XML models basicaly are composition of components, like (to illustrate):

<component name="a" >...some elements...</component>
<component name="b" >...some elements...</component>
<component name="c" >...some elements...</component>

<group>
     <comp id="a">
          <comp id="b" />
          <comp id="c" />
     </comp>
</group>

it means that component "a" is composed by components "b" and "c". The are some rules governing this composition, based on the attributes (and elements) of components. I'm converting components to individuals.
I can express some of rules with SWRL. What i need is "how" express that a composition is invalid (if it brokes the rules)...Creating a property to say that is invalid? Removing the properties that express the compositon?
If you know about some related work, I need your help..

Thanks,
Ely