[protege-owl] SWRL, Namespaces and imports

Ely Edison Matos ely.matos at ufjf.edu.br
Sun Aug 19 18:01:21 PDT 2007

Hello All,
I'm using Protege 3.3beta build 414 with the SWRL Rules Tab.
For a modular design to my ontology, I put the SWRL rules in a separate file, e.g. "rules.owl" (that imports my others ontology files with base classes and individuals). My workfile ontology, e.g. "model_1.owl", contains individuals, and owl:imports the "rules.owl". The rules will be applied over this individuals.
But...in "model_1.owl", the variables (?x1, ?x2, ..) are "namespace qualified" (?rules:x1, ?rules:x2, ...) and, so long I tested, the rules don't work as expected (actually, they don't work at all...)..If I manually edit the rules and strip the namespace (while "model_1.owl" loaded in Protege), the rules works.
My question: are there some way to qualify the rules variables to "current" ontology? if not, any suggestions of how get the modularity with the rules?

Thanks,
Ely