[protege-owl] Problem with object properties

Dimitris Petsas dimitris at
Mon Aug 20 09:44:33 PDT 2007

I am building an ontology in owl using protege for educational reasons. I have a problem with object properties. Wishing to show the relation between one class with another (those classes do not belong to the same hierarchical structure) i define an object property named: "is_associated_with". This property takes as domain and range values the two classes. The problem is that i can't then associate one other class with another using the same property. This is not allowed in protege. The only alternative i have found is the creation of another object property named "is_associated_with2", "is_associated_with3". This relation is often found in my ontology and i have to create enough properties of this kind. Is this correct? Is there any better way of doing this?

Thank you for your help