[protege-owl] Modeling change, source, uncertainty, contradiction?

Matt Williams matthew.williams at cancer.org.uk
Wed Aug 22 04:03:57 PDT 2007

As a very simple approach to modelling time, you could use
time-interval-valid versions of the ontology. Not pretty, but might be
enough.

DL ontologies will not handle conflicting information. To do that, you
need to use a defeasible formalism. There is a little bit of work on
ontologies & defeasibel reasoning.

I have used argumentation & ontologies; there's a paper at
http://acl.icnet.uk/~mw/WillliamsHunterICTAI07.pdf which also has
references to the other approaches.

If you want to discuss this in more detail, email me off-list.

HTH,

Matt