[protege-owl] Query: what are the advantages of the various methods to query an ontology?

Davis, Chad DavisC at ctc.com
Wed Aug 22 07:12:02 PDT 2007

Hey,

I've been keeping up with this thread and I had a question. In the original email you had this example:

SELECT ?subject
WHERE{?subject rdfs:subClassOf <#Vegetable>};

Example Class Structure:
Vegetable -> Apple -> Magic Apple

And if you run the SPARQL it would return Apple and Magic Apple as the class it belongs to when it is really just an instance of Apple. I was reading the thread and I didn't see where that problem was getting resolved. I have a similar problem and I was wondering how you are able to fix that problem?

Thanks,
Chad

This message and any files transmitted within are intended
solely for the addressee or its representative and may
contain company sensitive information.  If you are
not the intended recipient, notify the sender immediately
and delete this message.  Publication, reproduction,
forwarding, or content disclosure is prohibited without the
consent of the original sender and may be unlawful.

Concurrent Technologies Corporation and its Affiliates.
www.ctc.com  1-800-282-4392