[protege-owl] Error on create tab widget

Stamatopoulos Ioannis gstam at cti.gr
Thu Aug 23 07:29:17 PDT 2007

Thanks...

-----Original Message-----
From: protege-owl-bounces at lists.stanford.edu [mailto:protege-owl-bounces at lists.stanford.edu] On Behalf Of Jan Zemanek
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2007 4:09 PM
To: User support for the Protege-OWL editor
Subject: Re: [protege-owl] Error on create tab widget

Hi,

it seems like you are missing the following lines in your
plugin.properties file:

plugin.dependency.count=1
plugin.dependency.0=edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl

which tells Protege that your plugin actually depends on the Protege-OWL
plugin.

To get a current model use the snippet of code from the tutorial:
OWLModel owlModel = (OWLModel) getKnowledgeBase();

Best regards,
Jan

Stamatopoulos Ioannis wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I try to develop  a tab-widget but a got the following error:
>

> I made a class:
>
> public class myTabWidget extends AbstractTabWidget {}
>

> and at the initialize function [public void initialize() {}] i have put
> the line :
>
> OWLModel owlModel = (OWLModel) getKnowledgeBase();(like the example
> TutorialTabWidget)
>

> But a get error on runtime:
>
> java.lang.ClassCastException:edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.jena.JenaOWLModel
>

> is any idea why this happens;
>

> I have made an another tab-widget, where i use this:
>
>             FileInputStream fstream = new FileInputStream(uri);
>
>             OWLModel owlModel =
> ProtegeOWL.createJenaOWLModelFromInputStream(fstream);
>

> to load the OWLModel from file and it works fine, but in general how can
> I get OWLModel from current running
> Protégé-project(myTabWidget.getProgect());
>

> Giannis Stamatopoylos

Jan Zemánek
Digital Enterprise Research Institute
National University of Galway