[protege-owl] measurement of the similarity/dissimilarity

Anjum Sheikh yasheikh at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 25 22:15:25 PDT 2007

Dear Sir

  Thanks for prompt responce and advice..
  i visit ur given website....but my knowledge is limited...may b i did not understand whole function of said website.......i m really need of your expert advice....
  my problem is ....
  .i have food items
  user sort them according to their own cariterin and give them category
  end of the day...i have date which is sorted with difernt way....like
  1. sort by US person
  2. sort by UK person
  3. sort by ABC person
  ....they all have differnt category for same food item

  like
  Beer
  fro beer i have following categories...
  drink, alcohol, Intoxicate, Non-Halal Drink and Non-Kosher
  now how can i find similarity and edit distence

  Please advice

Carlo Torniai <carlotorniai at gmail.com> wrote:
  Hi,
I'm interested in the same topic too.
You should take a look at iSPARQL.
http://www.ifi.unizh.ch/ddis/isparql.html

They've released source code this week and it seems that it can fit my needs.
I'll let you know how useful I'll find this implementation.
Cheers.
Carlo

On 8/24/07, Taylor Cowan wrote:

> It's interesting how many people are asking for this...I've recently done
> the same on the jena group. IMO seems like we're missing a large part of
> the power of "graphs" without standard LCA, max flow, shortest paths, etc.
> and seems strange to me that SPARQL didn't include semantics to solve these
> types of questions.

School of Interactive Arts and Technology
Simon Fraser University Surrey
Central City Tower
250-13450 102 Ave.
Surrey, BC V3T 0A3