[protege-owl] Installation of protege

Jennifer Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Mon Aug 27 16:09:59 PDT 2007

Hello Edward,

No one on the Protege team has a machine with Windows Vista installed.
I did manage to find someone in our department who is using this
operating system and they were kind enough to allow me to test the
Protege installation process on their machine.  I confirmed the behavior
that you are describing, i.e., after installing Protege, the program
group that is created in the Start menu is empty.

As I mentioned above, we will need to acquire a Vista machine in order
to debug this problem, so I can't give you a definite time frame when it
will be fixed.

There is a workaround though - if you open Windows Explorer, you can
still access Protege by navigating to the folder where you chose to
install Protege.  In this folder, you will see the Protege executable
(Protege.exe), which is the file you should double-click on to open Protege.

Jennifer