[protege-owl] Problem with viewing individuals in Protege

Bartosz Porzuczek b.porzuczek at fqs.pl
Tue Aug 28 05:53:15 PDT 2007

Hi,

I have strange problem with viewing some individuals in Protege. When I
try to list individuals of given class (it happens for all subclasses of
EntityBiologicalMolecule class in my ontology), sometimes I get
exception [1] for every individual of that subclass.
I attach simple file, where problem occurs. Problem doesn't occur every
time when I open file. I tried this with several versions of Protege
(including 3.3 beta, build 414, and latest 3.3.1 build 430).
I validated file using http://www.mygrid.org.uk/OWL/Validator, and it
shows that ontology is OWL DL, with no errors or warnings.

Do you have any idea how to eliminate this? Is this a problem with my
ontology?

Best regards,
Bartek

[1] stack trace:
WARNING: Error at getting browser slot pattern for
SimpleInstance(H___cytosol_ o
f [DefaultOWLNamedClass(cso:SmallMolecule, FrameID(5:11586 1))]) --
java.lang.Cl
assCastException:
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.impl.DefaultRDFProperty
at edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.Project.getInheritedBrowserSlotPattern
(Unknown Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.Project.getBrowserSlotPattern(Unknown
Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.ui.widget.OWLUI.fixBrowserSlotPattern(U
nknown Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.model.impl.AbstractOWLModel.getBrowserT
ext(Unknown Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protege.model.DefaultInstance.getBrowserText(Unknown
Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protege.ui.FrameRenderer.loadInstance(Unknown Source
)
at edu.stanford.smi.protege.ui.FrameRenderer.load(Unknown Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.ui.ResourceRenderer.load(Unknown Source
)
at edu.stanford.smi.protege.util.DefaultRenderer.setup(Unknown Source)
at edu.stanford.smi.protege.util.DefaultRenderer.getListCellRendererComp
onent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicListUI.paintCell(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicListUI.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.ComponentUI.update(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paintComponent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paintWithOffscreenBuffer(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paintDoubleBuffered(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent._paintImmediately(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paintImmediately(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.SystemEventQueueUtilities$ComponentWorkRequest.run(Unknow
n Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)