[protege-owl] existentials and the OWLThing built-in [Re: Re: SWRL doubt: using rules to add new individuals? (Samson Tu)]

Samson Tu swt at stanford.edu
Thu Aug 30 09:40:47 PDT 2007

Nacho Mayorga wrote:
> - first of all, I'd need the new individual to belong to a specific
> class, not just OWLThing. Will it be possible either forcing the class
> or changing it later (though still in the same rule)?

Assert the class of the newly-created individual on the consequent side
of the rule. You need all variables instantiated on the antecedent of
the rule.

I'll let others answer the other questions, except to say that SWRLtab
doesn't support the use of existential restriction, and all built-ins
are out of the reach of classifiers. HOwever, once you import the new
individuals (from SWRLtab) to OWL, they are indistinguishable from others.