[protege-owl] Using PAL constraints tab in Protege

Vamsi Veeramachaneni vamsi at strandls.com
Thu Aug 30 10:21:55 PDT 2007

Hi,

I am using Protege (v 3.2.1, build 365) with OWL files. To create
PAL-constraints, one of the earlier messages said we need to:

 - choose the OWL -> Preferences menu
 - select the "visibility" tab
 - select "owl:class"

After this I expected to see ":PAL-CONSTRAINT" in the "Class Hierarchy"
and was hoping to create instances of it.  However, after I followed
the directions, I only see, "rdfs:Class" and (a child) "owl:Class"
added to the Class Hierarchy.

However, something funny is going on with ":PAL-CONSTRAINT" - it
is listed in the Individuals tab as an "Asserted Instance" of
"rdfs:Class". But, when I double-click on it the "Class Editor" opens up.

Any suggestions on how I could create instances of it would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Vamsi