[protege-owl] how can I navigate an expression?

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Fri Aug 31 16:59:38 PDT 2007

Hi Manuel,

I wish there was an easy answer to this :)

Using the getExpressionRoot() method is not recommended because it is a
very expensive method.

Instead, you could look at the implementation of the Properties View of
the classes tab that does more or less the same thing as you would like
to do. You can browse the source code of Protege-OWL here:
http://smi-protege.stanford.edu/svn/owl/trunk/

Some useful methods might be:

edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.ui.clsproperties.PropertyTreeNode.getRestrictions()

and

edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.ui.clsproperties.PropertyRestrictions.addRestrictionChildNodes(..)

I hope this helps,
Tania