[protege-owl] Using PAL constraints tab in Protege

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Fri Aug 31 17:25:15 PDT 2007

Vamsi,

The PAL plugin was created to work with frames ontologies, not OWL. You
may want to consider some other reasoning plugins that are better
integrated with OWL such as JessTab or SWRLTab. On our wiki page we have
a section for reasoning plugins:

http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ProtegePluginsLibraryByTopic#nid3R8

I think you have missed steps 3,4 in creating PAL Constraints:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.misc.ontology.protege.owl/2096/match=pal

You can also create PAL Constraints directly in the PAL Tab. Enable the
PAL Tab in the Project -> Configure and then you can click on create pal
constraint button in the tab (5th icon from left).

I recommend that you upgrade your Protege version to the latest stable
release 3.3.1, because we do not support Protege 3.2.1 anymore.

Cheers,
Tania