[protege-owl] Import an Ontology Exception

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Wed Dec 12 14:20:07 PST 2007

Yes, you can import directly the foaf rdf file.

In the MetadataTab, click on "Add import" and then select the first
option "Import an ontology from the web by specifying a URL..".  Then in
the next step you can specify as URL:

http://xmlns.com/foaf/spec/index.rdf

Tania

Martin O'Connor wrote:
> You may be able to import as RDF or even convert to OWL (though the
> latter is unlikely):
>
> http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UsageTipsAndTricks#nidA5E
>
> Martin
>
> Thomas Russ wrote:
>

>> On Dec 12, 2007, at 11:16 AM, Jibbi wrote:
>>

>>> Hi everyone,
>>>

>>> I'm trying to import FOAF ontology in protege by "Import an
>>> ontology from
>>> the web by specifying the http:// URL"  with this URL
>>> http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/ , but i couldn't succeed. I got
>>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: the document Pointed to by