[protege-owl] OWL-S differences between W3C submission and files available the OWL-s 1.1. specification page

Matteo Palmonari matteo.palmonari at
Fri Nov 23 04:42:00 PST 2007

I have a question about a difference I found between the OWL-s version
submitted to W3C and the files I downloaded at this Webpage:

In the version submitted to W3C (,
chapter 4.2.7) the property hasClassification seems to be an object property
since it is aimed at referring to OWL elements (and therefore - I suppose -
also to OWL-DL concepts). In fact, service profiles are assumed to be
related to non OWL classification through the other relation "hasCategory".

Instead, in the file I downloaded from the OWL-S 1.1 submission page
"hasClassification" is represented as a datatype property

I would feel much more comfortable with the first choice. However I would
like at least to know what can be considered as the official choice of the
OWL-S community.

Best regards,

Matteo Palmonari