[protege-owl] Problems with SWRL rules

Kormann, Joseph joseph.kormann at lmco.com
Tue Aug 5 06:07:03 PDT 2008

I have a simple OWL. It has two sibling classes, Class1 and Class2. I define an individual of type Class1 (individual1). I define a rule: Class1(?x) -> Class2(?x). This should classify "individual1" as being of both type Class1 and Class2.

Running it in TopBraid (sorry!) reclassifies. Protégé 3.4b130 and 3.4b504 don't appear to do anything.

Reasoning is set to Pellet 1.5.1 (b130) and 1.5.2 (b504).
To execute, I select Reasoning > Compute Inferred Types. It says it takes less than 1 second to execute and "individual1" is not set as an inferred instance under Class2. "individual1" is now both an Asserted and Inferred individual under Class1.

Any help?