[protege-owl] about "OWL Viz tab" and the DOT application

Pitonyak, Andrew D PitonyakA at BATTELLE.ORG
Tue Aug 5 06:13:15 PDT 2008

I must work from memory because I am not currently running Protégé.

First, install Graphiz

Go to the viz tab with the problem. Click on the properties button. There is a box to specify the location of dot.exe in Graphiz. It is probably something like:

C:\Program Files\Graphviz\bin\dot.exe

From: protege-owl-bounces at [mailto:protege-owl-bounces at] On Behalf Of fateme abdoli
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2008 6:57 AM
To: protege-owl at
Subject: [protege-owl] about "OWL Viz tab" and the DOT application

each time that I want to work with "OWL Viz tab", I see this message :

:" An error related to DOT has occurred. this error was probabely because OWL Viz could not find the DOT application. please ensure that the path to the DOT application is set properly"

I don't know what I must do? and what is the DOT application ? how can I set this application