[protege-owl] Protege xml project

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Sun Aug 10 22:46:57 PDT 2008

On Aug 10, 2008, at 7:44 PM, Thusitha Mabotuwana wrote:

> Hi All
> I want to parse an xml file so that I can use the data from a C#
> application. Ideally I could use an owl file created by Protégé, but
> since I can’t find any owl-C# parsers, I thought relying on Protégé-
> generated xml could be a solution cos there are xml-C# parsers (plus
> there is some support within .net itself for xml).

Awkward!  Try not to do  it this way.  My first recommendation would
be to try harder to find an owl-C# parser.  Alternatively consider
interacting with a language that has an owl parser (java? but there
are other choices).

Ok maybe you really will fail at that...   I am not totally sure how
you are generating the xml file. I tried "Convert Project To Format" -
 > "Experimental XML File" but this did not work at all with pizza.

Well the owl file really is an xml file but I already know that trying
to parse this as raw xml will be a disaster.   There are too many
different  (from the xml point of view) ways that one owl file  can be
written out.  I don't know if this will help but you could try the OWL/
XML format.  Protege 4 will write this and perhaps it will be a
regular enough format for your needs.

-Timothy