[protege-owl] Performance of multi user Protégé using 5000+ ontologies

Rune Stilling subs at rdfined.dk
Tue Aug 12 02:06:59 PDT 2008

Hi
Excuse me for reposting but maybe this question has drowned:

I'm a bit curious as to how big ontologies other people are working with
using client/server mode.

I have tried to reduce the size of my ontology so it now contains less than
5000 instances and classes, no cardiniality constraints, etc. Still showing
instances in multi user Protégé takes more than 10 seconds, which makes it
hard to work with. So - Maybe there's something that I'm not aware of
slowing performance drastically? I can not imagine anybody else using
Protégé in c/s mode with 5000+ ontology not "complaining" about this issue.

BTW it doesn't really matter weather I use file og database mode.

Regards
Rune