[protege-owl] modeling question

Kaarel Kaljurand kaljurand at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 06:58:55 PDT 2008

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 10:26 AM, ahmed nabel <a_n_alazzawi at hotmail.com> wrote:

> say I have 2 classes: A and B. I also have a property called P.
>
> Each of A and B have their own subclasses, so A has: A1, A2, A3 and so on, and B has: B1, B2, B34, and so on.
>
> What I need to do is to say that a certain sub-class of A is related to a certain sub-class of B via P. I need to say that many times, something like:
>
> P (A1, B23)
> P (A5, B2)
> P (A45, B1)
> and so on
>
> Is that possible? Given that all A and B subclasses are subclasses and not individuals.
>
> And if it is possible, then how to do it?

Do I understand correctly that you want to relate two classes via an
object property?
In this case you have to let us know what is the nature of this
relation. Say we have
classes 'dog' and 'cat' and an object property 'hate'. Which of the
following structures
do you want to express?

(1) Every dog hates at least 1 cat.
(2) Every dog is hated by at least 1 cat.
(3) Everything that a dog hates is a cat.
(4) Every dog hates at least/at most N cats. (where N is a positive integer)
(5) Every dog hates every cat.
(6) No dog hates a cat.
(7) No dog hates every cat.
(8) There is a dog that hates a cat.
(9) At least 3 dogs hate more than 10 cats.

kaarel