[protege-owl] Troubles saving 100k+ triples/10 mb+ project

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Fri Aug 22 11:41:54 PDT 2008

Thanks for including the logs.  They were very nice and helped me rule
out some problems.

As Samson said the ontologies you have are relatively small.  The
ontologies loaded in about 3 minutes on the mac (which is longer than I
would expect but it works...).   It sounds like something is going wrong
during the save process.  Also the memory you supplied should have been
quite adequate.

To make progress on this issue there are two things that we can try.
One is to send us a stack trace (see [1]).  Wait a bit until you know it
is doing the save operation and the stack trace will tell us what is
going on.

Second, if the above is not enough, send us the ontologies (you can send
them to me out of line if you want them to be private).  Then maybe we
can replicate this and figure out what  is wrong.

-Timothy

[1]
http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/Programming/Stacktrace/