[protege-owl] Need help with Building an ontology application

Reddy lavanyasunilreddy at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 23 12:56:19 PDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I am new to Protege-OWL and need some help.

This is what I want to do.
1. Represent a medical ontology in Protege-OWL for a particular disease.
Its a small database and I don't want to use any formal database

2. I want to define some rules/inference that would get fired based on patient's symptoms and it should give the output in the form of medication list.
Can this be accomplished using Jess/SWRL?

3. Also how can I build a GUI based application that will interact with Protege-OWL and the inference engine and give the output.

Appreciate any responses with regards to this.

Thanks,
Lavanya.

eFax: (1)(253) 423-1745
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.