[protege-owl] Troubles saving 100k+ triples/10 mb+ project

Jonas von Malottki yoshtec at gmx.net
Sun Aug 24 04:00:06 PDT 2008

Hello,

I had similar Problems in testing the Protege Owl api. It seems that
Jena/Protege-OWL API tries to nest individuals if you use Object
properties with individuals. That resulted in high cpu usage and if the
nesting is to high in Java call stack overflows.

I have JUnit tests available here: http://wiki.yoshtec.com/java-owl-api

It could be the same issue here. Also my post relating to the issue on
the list some time ago:
http://www.nabble.com/Performance-in-saving-Ontologies-td16241904.html

nice greetings
Jonas