[protege-owl] Controlling multi-type instances

Rune Stilling subs at rdfined.dk
Mon Aug 25 07:30:19 PDT 2008

Hi

I have an owl-file generated outside of Protégé containing instances with
several types, ie:

    <Emne rdf:ID="_00.03.02_Internationale_organisationers_virksomhed">
        <rdf:type rdf:resource="#KK"/>
        <rdf:type rdf:resource="#KommunalVand"/>

When I load the file into Protégé and save it, Protégé changes the order for
SOME of the instances, ie:

    <KK rdf:ID="_00.03.02_Internationale_organisationers_virksomhed">
        <rdf:type rdf:resource="#Emne"/>
        <rdf:type rdf:resource="#KommunalVand"/>

Of course these two representations are logically equivalent, but the UI
treats each differently in the instance view. Firstly the sorting of
instances seems to be dependent on which type is asserted as the "main"
type. Therefore I get a sorting of instances which is not complete. Secondly
the instance view shows whatever type is the "main" type in the first tab.

My problem is that Protégé doesn't treat all instances in the owl-file the
same way leading to inconsistencies in the instance view.

Are there any way to control this behavior?

\Rune