[protege-owl] Error while importing SWRL rules via bridge

Alvi aa396 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Aug 25 18:46:09 PDT 2008

Hi Martin,

I have sent you the ontology separately (Protege-OWL rev3.4_build505). I
think there was an offending empty swrl rule that was causing the errors at
the end. Now the output is only till:
[root at uranium Implementation]$ java SWRLexample
WARNING: [Local Folder Repository] The specified file must be a directory.
(/root/Desktop/Implementation/plugins/edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl) --
LocalFolderRepository.update()
...[omitted output same as before]...
Aug 26, 2008 6:26:46 AM
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.jena.parser.ProtegeOWLParser
doFinalPostProcessing
INFO: Updating underlying frames model in 1 ms
Rule engine 'SWRLJessBridge' registered with the SWRLTab bridge.
Aug 26, 2008 6:26:46 AM
edu.stanford.smi.protegex.owl.swrl.bridge.BridgeFactory registerBridge
INFO: Rule engine 'SWRLJessBridge' registered with the SWRLTab bridge.
[root at uranium Implementation]$
I guess all the reasoning with SWRL rules is being done now. Correct?
The first warning message doesn't go away still about local folder
repository.

On a separate note, I read somewhere that using bridge.infer() also does
reasoning that
is normally associated with RacerPro or Pellet, and then does the SWRL
reasoning. It seems so because there are messages about classification in
the output of my program. So should we just invoke infer() multiple times to
overcome the problem described here in 2nd paragraph:
http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?SWRLRuleEngineBridgeFAQ#nid6QL

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

-Atif