[protege-owl] a bug with repository mechanism?

zhang weishan dr_zhangws at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 3 09:02:46 PST 2008

Hello All,
  I noticed that there may be a bug in the repository mechanism. When the 'forceReadOnly' is not 'true', sometimes and often, when you save the importing ontology, the imported ontology will be changed unexpectedly to modify some of the defintions of 'owl:class' to 'rdfs:class', which is really annoying.
  As refer to my previous post:'create an owlmodel that loading all imported ontologies', can repository mechanism helps? I have one ontology (maybe more in the future) contains some SWRL rules, which are querying the instances of imported ontologies, and these instances are updated periodically. What is a better way in terms of performance to achieve the monitoring of the imported instance changes? I used Protege-OWL to generate java code for manipulating the imported ontologies.

  Thank you,
  Weishan