[protege-owl] Importing data from a database into protege

Zeina Chedrawy chedrawy at
Thu Jan 3 13:19:40 PST 2008

I am trying to import data from a mysql database into protégé using
DataMaster plugin. The property P has class A as domain and class B as
range; P is non functional (an instance of class A is allowed to have
multiple instances of class B under property P). However when I import data
from the database into the ontology, I am not able to map every instance of
class A to a list of instances of class B, rather the import results in an
instance of class A for every instance of class B.

For example, let A1 be an instance of class A and P should map A1 to B1,B2,
and B3 (i.e. A1x[B1,B2,B3]). What we are getting through the import, 3
instances A1_1,A1_2,A1_3 where each is mapped to B1, B2, and B3 respectively
(i.e. A1xB1,A1xB2,A1xB3) .

Any hints how can I get A1x[B1,B2,B3]  ?? Thank you.

Best Regards -- Zeina Chedrawy