[protege-owl] XML document structures must start and end within the same entity

Bill Dickinson dickinsw at verizon.net
Sat Jan 5 15:28:54 PST 2008

Aaron,

I noticed your post about the error message: "XML document structures must start and end within the same entity." and I have found the same behavior after adding necessary and sufficient conditions.  Wonder if you ever got a response or resolution to this problem.  I was using Racer when I got the message, but with Pellet 1.5.1 I did not get the message and the reasoning step finished just fine.

The necessary and sufficient conditions I added to a class were more restrictive than the necessary conditions inherited from a superclass - wonder if this has anything to do with it, although, logically, this should be acceptable, I think.  For example, a necessary condition on a class Mitochondrial_Inherited_HearingLoss is that it has some mode of inheritance (which it obtains from it's super class: Inherited_HearingLoss).  I added a necessary and sufficent condition that this class has the specific inheritance mode of Mitochondrial (as opposed to AutosomalDominant or AutosomalRecessive, or, X_Linked).  Racer didn't like that, but Pellet didn't complain.

Regards,

Bill Dickinson