[protege-owl] "Merging" ontologies via ProtegeOWL API

Bill Dickinson dickinsw at
Sat Jan 5 21:35:40 PST 2008

HI Ely,

My knee-jerk response would be to load the base ontology and then import the others.  Then merge whatever needs merging from with Protege.  Of course this is impractical if any one of the ontologies is huge.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ely Edison Matos
  To: protege-owl at
  Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2008 11:21 PM
  Subject: [protege-owl] "Merging" ontologies via ProtegeOWL API

  I have a "base" ontology in file base.owl, with classes and definitions.
  I have other files (A.owl, B.owl, C.owl,...) with individuals from base ontology. I want create a new file (e.g. new.owl) that "merges" the individuals from A, B, C. How can I do this (programatically, via API)?

  protege-owl mailing list
  protege-owl at

  Instructions for unsubscribing: