[protege-owl] Get inferred property values

Thusitha Mabotuwana thusitha at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Sun Jan 6 20:55:10 PST 2008

"Of course, if you try to make this a real system, rather than just for
demonstration, you will quickly run into the limitations of a purely
logic-based approach, namely the inability to handle uncertainty in the
reasoning.  All of the reasoning support in OWL is strict in nature, so you
can't have shades of meaning or uncertainty" -

I wonder if ongoing work such as:
1. f-SWRL: A Fuzzy Extension of SWRL -
www.image.ece.ntua.gr/php/savepaper.php?id=407 and
2. Uncertainty and the Semantic Web -
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/freeabs_all.jsp?tp=&arnumber=1705434&isnumber=35989

will be of any help? In the 1st ref. I don't quite understand the
logic, but the
examples in Section 4 certainly look like something I'd like to
consider at some
stage for my work.